Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The 'Paper' Part....

At the beginning of the year, I changed my blog name to "Crock Paper Scissors" to reflect my goals for 2011 (read about it here) and to help hold myself accountable to these commitments.  Two weeks into the new year and I'm on track (hey...you gotta celebrate the small wins!) except for the paper part:  Read twenty books this year. 

Now, this may seem like a rather weak goal coming from someone who read close to 100 books in 2007 BUT...I didn't have a new baby in 2007.  I didn't have a blog to keep up with and I wasn't cooking dinner every night (do you even REALIZE how much money people spend eating out?  Another post for another time).  I wasn't a Daisy Scout troop leader and I rarely took time to pursue my creative outlets. 

All that has changed.

So, twenty books a year seems reasonable to me and quite frankly, I'm the only one that needs to think it's reasonable anyway.  So there.

That being said, I have chosen my first book of the year (with a little help from my co-Diva Micole):

Outlander (Outlander Series #1) by Diana Gabaldon: Book Cover

I've owned this book not once, but twice (my cat peed on the first one...TMI, I'm sure).  I've started this book three times with the most progress being to page 40 or so...I just couldn't get into it.

Micole has assured me that if I commit to 80 pages of this book, I will love it.

Well, there you go.  The gauntlet has been thrown.  Game on.

Book #1 of 2011 has begun.  And of course, I'll keep you posted!

AW

No comments:

Post a Comment